YOU GUYS. The struggle is so real. The other night I opened my purse (a.k.a The Black Hole) to look for a pen so I could take notes in a meeting, but instead of finding a pen…I found five tubes of lipstick.
Believe it or not, that was actually low for me.
One time when I couldn’t find my car keys, I dumped out my Kate Spade and — I kid you not — half a MAC counter fell out. Funnily enough, all of the lippies were more or less the same nude shade. 😁
Even though the rational part of my brain was like, “Dude, this is Rick-sanity. You’re two shakes away from biting off someone’s ear in hand-to-hand combat,” the non-rational part was high-fiving a million little angels.
You feel me.
(Now for a little light reading…)
- Um…can you clear out any space in your makeup drawer? If you’re a Shiseido fan, you might want to! The line is revamping their ENTIRE MAKEUP LINE THIS SEPTEMBER. Rumor has it they’re trying to draw more 20- and 30-somethings to the brand, and the revamp also means that more than 100 products will be retired, so if there’s something you can’t live without, better stock up now before it’s gone baby, gone.
- More proof that people from ye olden times loved makeup and perfume as much as we do — researchers recently found a sarcophagus of an ancient Roman woman from the 3rd century buried with a string of pearls, perfume bottles, a makeup palette and a small jar inscribed with a Latin phrase that means “good luck.”
- Rihanna: musician, makeup visionary, entrepreneur extraordinaire *and* patrol saint of lost luggage!
- Breadstick Bronzer and Spaghetti Sparkle Blush? — Olive Garden faked a makeup palette on social media, and people actually wanted it to be real!
- There are legions of beauty lovers who like to make a Sephora pit stop before hitting up clubs, brunch, power lunches, what have you, and this is what the makeup artists and staffers really think of doing your makeup in the store.
- For your botany moment of the day! — a tropical vine commonly known as the “lipstick plant,” Aeschynanthus radicans gets its name from the flower buds that peek out of dark-colored tubes that look like tubes of bright red lipstick.
- You may have heard about these collagen-building “growth factors”: They were first discovered by two scientists back in the ’50s, and the discovery earned the duo a Nobel Prize in 1986. Here’s what they are, what they do in skin care products, and where they come from.
- —–> Why one woman stopped painting her toenails.
- Hand art is the new nail art!
- —–> My favorite read of the week.
- If you were a teen or a tween in the ’90s, chances are you remember St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Now it’s a fragrance and the rollerball you never knew you needed.
At Floris, a historic London perfumery that has been around since 1730, you can join the ranks of the royals and create your own scent. Floris created the official perfume for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding — a warm, citrus-y unisex fragrance with notes of bergamot, orange blossom, ginger and green tea.
Speaking of fragrances, these bees make their own perfumes and carry them around with their legs (!).
Dude, nature is so freakin’ cool.
- Natural beauty brand Captain Blankenship recently launched in Sephora and Target, and I’m intrigued. The founder, Jana Blankenship, started her line in her kitchen.
A dance from the season 2 finale of a show I’ve been watching lately called Better Things. This family does does this as a graduation surprise for one of the daughters… I would LOVE if someone ever did this for me!
Stuck in my head at the moment…
Goal for the month of August: untie the knots in my upper back. I just tried a few of these stretches, and now I feel like a whole new girl.
Ever since I got my hair chopped, I’ve been on a mission to try some new styles, like this half-up, half-down combo braid/messy bun. It looks easy and totally doable.
So, what lipsticks are you rollin’ with today? It’s Saturday, so I expect no less than three. 😀
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,