View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Karen | Makeup and Beauty Blog (@karenmbb) on Dec 7, 2018 at 8:37am PST
G’morning! Got glitter on my mind today because I painted my nails for the first time in weeks yesterday (FINALLY), and I used Smith & Cult Vegas Post Apocalyptic. It’s a clear glitter base with mostly lavender glitter flecks in it, but also some holographic blue, pink, yellow and green flecks as well.
Yup, this is my idea of holiday nails. 😊
I don’t really do traditional Christmas color combos like red and gold anymore because one year everyone I ran into (SERIOUSLY, EVERYONE) assumed that whenever I wore a red/gold mani, it was a shout-out to the San Francisco 49ers, which was fine…but that wasn’t what I was going for. I must’ve said, “Christmas nails, not 49ers nails” three thousand times, ha ha! So, yeah.
This particular glittery polish isn’t on the Smith & Cult website anymore (boo!), but there’s a super similar color called Take Fountain, which I think might actually be the same polish with a different name.
Also, I think A Little Lovely looks very cool, too…
ALL TEH GLITTER! AAAAAH!
On that note, today’s reading…
- What it’s like to spend 48 hours in New York with Chanel’s global creative director for makeup and color, Lucia Pica.
- Shout-out to my alma mater UC Davis for their cutting-edge burn treatments for cats and dogs injured in the Camp Fire last month. The vets apply sterilized tilapia skin to wounds because the fish skin contains collagen, a protein that can help prevent infection and encourage the skin to repair.
- Fun facts about Ulta! Did you know that the store used be called Ulta3??
- Cat ladies, you’ll want to grab these adorable holiday-themed cat scratchers and kitty gear on your next Target run.
- Feel free to forward this post on the five beauty products to get when you start wearing makeup to all the dudes you know.
- Here’s how many makeup artists like to apply makeup on people with freckles.
- The NY Times and I agree — you should walk your 😸 cat.
Here are the two artists who did the special effects makeup for the Swedish movie Boarder, a dark fantasy about two trolls, and the winner of Cannes’ Un Certain Regard prize.
The post describes the technical aspects of the makeup, including the use of old-school gelatin, rather than silicone, for the actors’ prosthetics.
- The reason why Queen Elizabeth I caked her face in a mask of white makeup.
- There’s a movement happening in South Korea called “Escape the Corset.”
- Just in case you would like a nail polish to match the Mercedes-Benz you’re getting for Christmas, LOL!
That Lil’ Kim sample, tho!!!
Old school! I love the styling in this video. (I used to dress like this back in the day!)
Note to self: Watch this.
Somebody please 1) kidnap this cat for me, and 2) make me this omelette.
OK, now we’re off to get our Christmas tree 🎄 and to decorate the house.
So…how long do you think it’ll take before Tabs 🐱 attacks the tree…? One day? A week?
What are you up to?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,